I hope you'll join in the holiday fun . . .
If you're reading this post, then you must: (or don't . . . I will love you either way!) :)
(a) leave a comment and answer the below 25 questions that Mandy made up,
(b) write the answers to the questions below in your own blog post, if you have a blog, that is.
or (c) call yourself a scrooge in the comment below and refuse to answer them.
I hope you choose (A) or (B) but if you choose (C) then I'll just let the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future deal with you. If you do decide to write your own blog post about it, please mention Mandy since she is the author of these important questions. (Writers credit and all that jazz - thanks!)
(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Carol. It's kind of a tradition to watch it.
(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?
A Christmas Story ... the hell?? Acid trip, that.
(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?
I have two . . . Santa Baby and Oh Holy Night.
(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?
None I can think of. They only drive me crazy when my girls are singing them at the dinner table ... instead of eating said dinner.
(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)
Eggnog and Captain Morgan Spice Rum... or plain Captain and Pepsi ... or my hubby's cologne in a pinch (kidding ... I'm kidding)
(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?
So many ... neighborhood 'Santa' visit when I was in my teens ... The Christmas my hubby proposed to me ... Stretch's first Christmas ... the stoned stocking stuffing marathon ... Shorty's second Christmas
(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
My engagement ring ... well actually more to the point, the proposal - he shocked the shit outta me ... never saw it comin'. (I underestimated his sneakiness)
(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?
Shorty's stomach flu last year :(
(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?
I love the decor ... the fairy lights (I don wanna hear about electricity here) I love the food, the drinks, the togetherness, the 'special feeling' you get when faced with all that Christmas up in your face ... but most of all ... I love the "magic" that is the best!!
(10) What annoys you about the holidays?
LED lights ... I'm sorry, but they just are not the same.
(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?
My tree topper is an angel
(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?
Gumdrop Cake ... mmmmmmmmmmmmm
(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?
Definitely a Who.
(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?
Love them! The more, the merrier!
(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?
As long as he is not a pervy Santa - it's all good.
(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?
Yeppers ... Dec 1st every year.
(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?
Time slows down for at least ONE 24 hour period.
(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?
I tend to feel more over-whelmed during the holidays.
(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?
It varies depending on availability of time. It went up yesterday. Always comes down on New Year's day ... my daughter's birthday is the 3rd of January ... so Christmas MUST be gone for her day.
(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your true love to give to you?
Okay - tough question ... don't want anything that poops, so that eliminates every day except the 5th ... 5 gold rings it is ... although I would prefer platinum, I'd settle for white gold - K?
(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
I think she faked her death and ran off with the insurance money.
(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?
Blitzen ... just on name alone ... lush? Me?
(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?
(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?
Hmmm ... you read number 20, right? Love the smell of the evergreen tree. That is certainly at or near the top of my favs.
(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?
To have all those near and dear to me be happy, safe and not pissing me off in any way.
...and there you have it. Even more crap you could have lived the rest of your life not knowing about your friend Dani.
Ho Ho Ho...