You know the drill ...

Well ... it is No Whining Wednesday once again.

I feel confident in the fact that somewhere, somebody is betting against me on this little venture.

It is a sumptuously fantabulous fall day outside today. The kind of day that takes your breath away, just driving to work in the morning. I drove my Bug to school today as she's going to start tripping on those eyelashes if I keep dragging her by them (to the bus stop) ... when she stepped out onto our covered deck and looked out across the water (we have a great view of the ocean), she took a deep breath in and filled up her little lungs. Normally, I would not have been paying close enough attention in my rush to get to work on time, but it is NWW and, that in mind ... I was smelling the proverbial roses. Ever so grateful I did...

She looked up at me and said "Oh Mommy! Fall smells sum good!!" (I am misting up just thinking about it.) It really does, though fall is a double edged blade for me ... but that is for another day.

She chattered happily in the back seat for the 10 minutes it took us to get to her school. She's such a little magpie (<-- the bird) when she wants to be. I had a dumb grin on my face the whole way to work... and that is pretty much where the whine-less post stops ... abruptly.

So, today my happy place is with my 6 year old - driving to school on a breath taking fall morning while she describes every beautiful thing she can see with the skill of a narrator.

Also ... my flu is finally starting to bug off ... that's good too.

Good luck to the rest of y'all.

Happy Wednesday!

D

Comments

Mark Price said…
Out of the mouths of babes! I think it would sometimes be cool to regress to a point of no biases, no worries, and no world-inspired bitterness. Great post. Today I shall go forth into the world trying to see everything through the eyes of my inner child. Should be a good day.
Eyvi Sprite said…
My boy said something similiar the other day, he said he could smell the cold, it smelled like winter and he loved that smell. My heart swelled because it's usually me saying stuff like that.
Meeko Fabulous said…
This made me warm and fuzzy inside . . . at first I thought I was sick . . . but then I realized they were my emotions. j/k Cute story! :) btw, I didn't mean to call you a bastard yesterday . . . LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS