You're Just Too Good To Be True...

...better not take my eyes off of you.

Sigh.

I done stepped right into a spider's web today, folks.
Don't have a clue how to handle it, either. 
I really like my boss. 
I truly do.
Do I think she would throw me under a bus?
Oh Hell yeah. 

I mean I get it. 
She has to look out for number one - her position makes like two and a half times what mine does. 

But it sucks for me.

I got sucked into a drama that has been going on in my immediate vicinity for some time. I wish I didn't know about it and I do NOT want any part of it... but that doesn't seem to protect me from being thrust right onto the chess board. Right smack, dab in the center. 

The go between. 
The unwitting telegram.

Fuck!

I felt like Typhoid Fucking Mary today!

There is no way this ends well for me.

I'm not cut out for politics. 
I surrender. 
I do not know how to play both sides of the fence, and I don't know how to make this stop. 

There are no aspirations on my part to be anything except what my current position entails. 
I'll take on more work, happily, but I just want to go to work, for my five hours a day, and have no stress about it. 

My only complaint is that there needs to be boundaries set around events.

That's it!

I've got enough drama in my home life... or at least inside my head, I don't need any of it at work. Not like this, at least! 

Gossip is fine... 
Making fun of the board's lack of interest in change, sure... 
Hosting events, I'm good...

But entertaining the troops is not on my job description; after my 'function' has ceased, there is absolutely no reason for me to be there. There isn't any reason for either of us to be there, but that is not for me to decide. 

The hierarchy was made abundantly clear to me today. 

I'm at the bottom... and quite happy to be, honestly.

-

I just don't want to get trampled while I'm down here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)