Get Me Some Eddie Rabbit!


The sky just opened up outside.

I can hear the thunder rolling across the water. 

There is likely only one or two other sounds I love as much or more than rainfall. 
The ocean, for sure... and maybe crickets. 
Of honorable mention, I would say that the sound of snow falling on a dead still, crystallized winter's night makes the top five. 

My daughter is sitting on the couch on the other side of the room from me and she is chattering away like a Capuchin monkey. Seriously, between the two of them, I haven't had a moment of peace since Tuesday. Last night by 9:00, I was so exhausted, I faked a sick tummy and went to lie down. It threw them off for all of a half hour, then... one at a time, they all found their way to me... two cats, the dog and both kids. I'm beginning to think I have a magnetic quality. I had one cat and one kid on the bed... one cat on the dog's bed, the dog on the floor, and one kid pacing... 

I had to actually get up, button up the house and then wash my face and get ready for bed to get rid of them... and they were STILL chattering. I closed my door, turned my music up a little, turned the outside patio lights on and crawled into bed... where I could have a little 'alone time'.

As I am typing, I'm realizing my rain storm has been cut short.
Damn! I do love a rainy night.
On a positive note, I can hear crickets... and a fog horn.

I want to go visit fantasy land. I want to frolic in a meadow and lay on a blanket on a beach at night... with a big blue moon... and make love, effortlessly, for hours on end. Never tiring... never getting a cramp. Of course, fantasy land doesn't exist, hence the 'fantasy' part... but that is where I want to go. Perhaps I will go and let Calgon take me away for a while.

My husband flew home from his last job this evening, sick as hell, running a fever, yet only stayed long enough for a meal, a 20 minute nap and a cup of tea before he left to drive an hour and a half to do yet another job tonight. I tried to talk sense into his head, but he feels he would let his boss down if he didn't go.

Loyal of him, I know... but he should be taking care of himself. It isn't like he ever calls in sick. He's like 'not even well enough for a couch bed' sick... and he needs to flag his arse to bed. I must buy a whole chicken tomorrow, so I can make soup. He's gonna need some soup by Saturday.

Without a doubt, no matter how much my burgeoning inner germaphobe tries to protect me, I just know I'm gonna get this damned thing. Just in time for my work event... in another province, next week.

I have to sit on a golf course for the entire day and 'spot' the 'hole in one' hole. That's gonna be stellar with a fever and flu symptoms. Not likely to be a lot of fun away from home for two nights and having to 'mingle' and party with the members of my association. At least the proper hotel had a cancellation and now I will get my king size suite for both nights - no moving hotels... that's good news. Now, feeling healthy and dressed up and with a slight glow on, I could handle myself quite nicely... I have had lots of experience there. But sick as hell and wanting to just die already...

I can't decide if I should just go use his friggen toothbrush and get it over with... (ew, gross - I'm totally kidding. I would never use someone else's tooth brush. I know that seems weird, considering the places I'm usually willing to put my mouth, but there is a very defined line there. *gags*) Or if I should suck back all the echinacea and vitamin C I can lay hands on, change my tooth brush... cause I just grossed myself out so bad, I need to burn my old one, and light a little sage. Maybe pray to the flu gods for mercy.

I think it's obvious which way I'll go. *pours lighter fluid on toothbrush, lights match*

This is a rambling post... I know I'm complaining about my kids doing this, but that is the problem - I have no room for any of my own thoughts tonight. I just had to get them out in the night air.

I think I will go and run a bath. I think 'naked mom' should be enough of a deterrent to keep them at bay for an hour or so. It's almost nine... I just heard from hubs... He'll be most of the night. Yep, bath time for me and then beddy-by.


D-out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS