Pity Party - Population, One

I'm sad.

I'm also possibly in the process of passing a kidney stone.
Not entirely certain, but I've ruled out bowel obstruction (which I have experienced before) and based on my symptoms, kidney stone fits. The other option is much less appealing, so for now I won't mention it. 

This morning, I came downstairs to make my coffee. It's my normal routine. I can't say I was feeling great, my abdomen was bloated and sore. My back was crampy... like really bad period cramps, or maybe more like early labour. I walked across my kitchen to feed my fish, and while I was standing by the counter, this searing pain came up out of nowhere. I got instantly hot - like drenched in sweat, hot. I was dizzy, my nose was tingling and the edges of my periphery were all sparkly. I knelt down on the floor, because I knew I was going down... and my vision went black. 

The next thing I knew, I was on my side on the kitchen floor and I was vomiting.
Was a tad on the scary side.
The pain in my abdomen and back was still pretty bad, but the worst had subsided. Once I got myself into a sitting up position, I could see the outline of my body in water on the floor - that is how much sweat I produced in a matter of seconds.

I cleaned up the mess, called in sick to work and sat on the couch for long enough to decide I didn't need to go to emerg... then I went back to bed.

I got up late morning and camped out on the couch. Both of my kids were home today because they were sick with a bad cold. My oldest was playing nurse maid. It was cute. She made me a couch bed and brought me water, emptied the dishwasher and volunteered to cook supper.

She didn't... when push came to shove, but the offer was nice.

I didn't have any appetite today, though it would seem it has returned tonight. I just ate my second mini mars bar... which was a chaser to two mini twix bars.

I know, I know... the mouth wants what the mouth wants.
I'm feeling sorry for myself.
Feelings and food are interchangeable in my world.

This week has been sucky all the way around. I can't say why... the atmosphere is wonky. The energy feels almost insidious... laying there, on the floor... all creepy and heavy.

I'm feeling very unsettled.

Anyway, as it happens, I had made an appointment with my GP and it is coming up on Tuesday. I had to check in with her about my current medication anyway... and discuss my burgeoning dependence on sleeping pills. I will table this latest drama-rama. 

I'm hopeful the pain and discomfort passes before then. Actually, I'm holding out hope that with another eight or nine hours of sleep, it will pass. I'm certainly feeling better than I was earlier, but there is still a great deal of discomfort. My back and abdomen feel like a war zone, but there has been no sign of the pain from this morning.

I'll take the win.

My plan is to attend work in the morning. My husband does not return from Newfoundland until Saturday. That gives me two days to get over this. I'm not going to be a happy girl if I miss out on the welcome home ritual.























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)