Workin' On A New Play List



Yep!

You read that right.

I'm desperate. I need an epic play list. I need this play list to be beyond epic.

I need it to be the "Phoenix". 

For anyone that may or may not read my blog anymore, who do not follow me on Facebook, I got a Phoenix tattooed on the soft inside skin of my forearm.

I thought it was fitting.

Perhaps there are people who may not agree that my journey has been phoenix-worthy, but I do... and I really don't need to give a fuck about anybody else. 

Anyway, here's my night... 

I stopped at the NSLC on my way home. 
Yep... bought myself an $11.00 bottle of wine... I'm classy, like.
I have a small play list made already. It is in its infancy and I need some help - seriously... I want this list to be envied by all the people. 

Here it is so far:
(I guess in the event I ever wonder what I was listening to at this juncture)

Havana - Camila Cabello
Heartless - Kanye West
Blame it - Jamie Foxx
Runaway - Kanye West
Take Your Clothes Off - Ria Mae
Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
Figures - Jessie Reyez
A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
Sound of Silence - Disturbed
Fight For It - Lucy Spraggen
Black Water - Doobie Brothers
Red Light - Ria Mae
I Love You - Sarah McLachlan
American Girl - Tom Petty
Wicked Game - Chris Isaac
Somewhere Out There - Our Lady Peace
Crash - Dave Matthews
The Other Man - Sloan
5 Days In May - Blue Rodeo
Justify My Love - Madonna
Ride Like The Wind - Christopher Cross
I Miss You Most - Brian Byrne
Small Town Boy - Bronski Beat
Maybe The Next Time - Sue Medley
Sara - Fleetwood Mac
Take It On Faith - Matt Mays
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Kiss Me Through the Phone -Soulja Boy
Heavy In Your Arms - Florence & The Machine
Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac
Check It Out - Nicki Minaj/Will.I.Am
Bad Timing - Blue Rodeo
Right There - Nicole Scherzinger
Stay - Sugarland
Possession - Sarah McLachlan
What Am I to You? - Nora Jones
The River - Natalie Merchant


Or that was the order tonight. It is still in infancy. Some songs will go, many will stay, more will be added.

So, my night - I get home... the girls had done as I had requested, and I came home to a relatively clean house - that was a mega-win all by itself!

I plugged my phone (containing said playlist) into our component stereo (how much do you love us?), cranked it, and started my unwinding process... housework, music and tonight, a bottle of wine. I BBQ'd porkchops. While dancing like nobody was watching on my patio... 'cause nobody was. 

My husband surprised me and came home early. I was so excited that he was home... see I was thinking he was home for the night - alas, that was not meant to be. He came in, had a cup of tea and went to sleep for a couple of hours. I woke him around 7ish. He had some supper and has gone again. Boo!

I'm highly 'randy' this evening.

I drank all my wine... and that makes me sad. It's really soon time for bed anyway. Need my beauty sleep for tomorrow. 

A conclusion has occurred to me of late. Flawed, though I may be - I am a great wife. I mean except for my little foray into scarlet letter-dom. Besides that ... I'm friggen adorbs!

I sneaked into our bedroom while he was sleeping and took his favorite (dirty) work clothes and washed and dried them whilst he slept. Cared for his offspring, fed him and if he had been able to spare the energy, I'd have had a quickie before he got in the shower.

A fella could do worse.

I mean, there's the 'crazy'... but at least my crazy is: diagnosed and treated. That's a BIG step up from the average gal. Not to mention the fact that I am so bloody self aware, I can tell when I'm off before anyone ever really notices. 

Anyhoo... me and my tired body are going to bed now.

D-out








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS