Dreamin' Away the Afternoon...

This is what I envision for a cabin.
I sketched it out on a note pad.



It is remarkably similar to a camp I have loved before... why mess with perfection? 
I want this so bad it makes my teeth hurt. I think about this when I am going to sleep at night, when I drive, when I am in the shower... I guess it is a better obsession than some.

We have been looking for a piece of land on a body of fresh, swim-able water. We would look up to $15K. We already have a wood stove and may well have the fireplace shortly. The furniture would be second hand. The cabin would be built by us. The wood cook stove, we could get for around $150. Chimney would be under a grand for both. I think we would do particle board walls with the skins off logs attached to the outside. It would look like logs that way and they are fairly cheap. I think I would want to do interior walls - so I could lay insulation in between, but we'd just do tongue & groove pine on the inside. I'd likely pickle that white. The roof would be vaulted, but treated to the same double, insulated pine-clad idea as the walls. That way we could wait out a storm should it be required,

I would install solar lights all around the outside. One in each corner. Then I would lay out solar garden lights all through the trees in the summer months. I'd likely pack them up in winter to attempt to protect them. Crappy Tire carries solar panels that are attached to solar panels that you can lay on the roof of trailers, etc. They would work great.

I want a composting toilet - they are about $2200 plus tax, new - and a propane fridge... I'm thinking $500-$1000 - I need a fridge. Where the composting toilet is housed, I would have a small room with a tub of sorts in it. That could be any tub, really. it simply needs me to dig a drain. We would have to fill it with buckets and pots of hot water. Behind that, there would be storage - like a shed. I'm not sure about a root cellar, but I am leaning toward putting one under the shed... or the kitchen. 

******

I'm off tomorrow.
We were supposed to go camping this weekend, but I threw my back out yesterday and it is supposed to rain all day Saturday. I cancelled the spot.
I decided today that I would take tomorrow off anyway. Not that I need time away from work. I just thought I would enjoy a long weekend. I will go and get groceries in the morning and run a few errands in the afternoon. Then come home and do a little prep for the evening. My house work is pretty well all done. Bathrooms clean, laundry up to date and floors are relatively clean.

I stopped and bought myself a bottle of wine on the way home.
Seemed like the thing to do. I came home and bbq'd chicken and baked potatoes. 

My latest addiction, wish.com is going to bear fruit finally after tomorrow. I am placing an order. I can scarcely contain my enthusiasm!

Today, my boss asked me to do her the favour of opening a wish account for our association. How many ways can I say I seriously love this woman? I don't think she has any idea how much I adore her. My job is the best!

Anyhoo... I know I am super boring, but it is important that I write when I feel like writing and this is the best I can do tonight.

My general energy is about done for today. I'm such a trooper... it is almost 10pm.

Goodnight all.

D - out.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Je me souviens.

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS