Okay...

So, today was a better day. I slept like the dead last night - which I haven't done in a very long time. I had taken today off to spend with my girls. We went to Service Canada to get their SIN's and then to lunch. 

Stretch had a friend coming to visit this afternoon. 
They watched The Shining. 
Eesh. 

Shorty and I went to Crappy Tire to buy her a new fan, but instead came home with a new vacuum. My stupid vacuum hasn't been working well. I haven't been able to clean the fur off the area rugs in my house for some time... unless I sit down and 'brush' the fur into piles, and then vacuum from there.

The one I bought today at least has a power nozzle on it. It was on sale for $80, from $199... I grabbed that sucka! 

I got a letter in the mail today. My husband handed it to me and I figured it was some sort of bad news.... I am becoming rather pessimistic in my old age. It was a cheque for over $600! Back pay from Revenue Canada, if you can imagine! That'll hopefully get me some snow tires and maybe I can get my hair done by someone other than me. 

You coulda knocked me over with a feather.

I also got the application for my life insurance renewal done today as well... all in all, it was a good day - except that my hubby got called away again to work tonight... I was really rather hoping I'd get lucky this evening. 

I also found a fully functional, used waterbed for a really reasonable price. Stretch is gonna lose her ever-loving mind when she sees that under the tree! We are working on putting her in the basement bedroom and a waterbed will be the friggen bomb down there. Shorty is getting an IPad. Christmas will be pretty cool this year, I'm thinking.

Today was a good day. 

I'm wishing I had taken more than one day off now. I don't really want to go back to work in the morning. :( I'm sorry to report that one... my boss has been a bit of a pill. Don't get me wrong, there is no comparison with my previous bosses. I know she is stressed, but shit's been rolling down hill at an alarming pace this past week or so. I'm just a little tired of being spoken to like I am her bitch. It has had a bit of a hand in my over all mood... although I do believe I am in the "pre-Christmas dip". I'll wait another little bit to see if I can navigate it without adjusting any meds. I'd rather not if I could avoid it. 

By and large, I am feeling more solid today than I have been... with the exception of a looming cold. I seem to have been fighting one off for weeks! I'm wondering if it is finally winning the battle.

I'm sitting in my rec room, nice and toasty on a cold Autumn night... listening to music and chatting with my children periodically. I'm excited about the purchase I will make this weekend... we have to drive to Prince Edward Island to pick the bed up... but for the price, it's well worth it! My kid is going to lose her mind. 

Now... the next new bed in this house NEEDS TO BE MINE!!! Shorty got hers last Summer... now Stretch... It needs to be Mama's turn next. I can see this being a goal for the new year.

I'm going to go and crawl into a nice hot bath now, I think. That should erase the last of my grumblies. Until next time, here's a musical interlude... just a song I seem to love quite a lot lately.


D-Out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)