Sundays With Dani

Today has been a bust of a day.

Got up this morning and took my hubs to the airport. 

I have a small infestation of teenage girls at present. They will be spending the night, with Shorty. I'm currently in my second hour of regretting this idea.

I miss my husband on Sundays. He's been working them more and more of late. I don't mind him being gone any other night of the work week, but my weekends are sacred to me. I am never happy when he has to go on a weekend night.

This was Shorty's birthday weekend. I have been hemorrhaging money for the past three fricken days... and we haven't even done the bloody gift yet. We went out to dinner last night at a diner she loves, pizza and ice cream cake tonight - on top of candy, chips and pop for the friends... 

Suhweet JEZUS it is expensive to do everything!

On the upside, with Hubs being away for so long, it has created an opportunity for us to get a couple of nights away, together. I'm flying to Newfoundland on Friday to spend the weekend in his hotel. 

Squee... 

We plan to tour George Street and try to find a good live band. I'm really looking forward to it. We did it on points, so we're only in for taxes and food while I'm there. Otherwise, it's covered.

So... I get to plan a suitcase, hop on a plane and fly to another city for a sexy rendezvous with my bestest guy. That's exciting, even though my post is not.

I feel as though we need to reconnect... and it seems like I've been trying to force that for a while - to no avail. We've been in a slight rut for the past few months. It's likely me... I am so low this time of year. Plus he feeds off my energy, so I infect him with my low mood. It's a bad combo.

This past weekend felt good. More like usual. We were connected and vibrating at the right frequency for each other. The sex was more connected, too. That makes me feel much better. I know that it is ultimately my fault that he is so jumpy with me and my reactions to him, but he gets insecure about 'us' when we aren't 'connecting' productively. 

Anyhoo... I must go and extract the ice cream cake from the freezer so the sarcastic little giggle factories can get a little more sugar on board. 

I think there is a piece in my future, too... nothing tastes as good as slim feels... except for ice cream cake. 

D-Out










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)