The Hump-Day of the Year...

February.

God, how I detest thee... let me count the ways.

1) It's cold
2) It's the longest short month of the year
3) The weather is awful
4) It's dark all the time
5) The distance between the joy of Christmas and the misery of winter has closed
6) It's the 'pre-gateway' to the beginning of spring
7) It's super depressing
8) It's spelled stupidly
9) Valentine's day
10) My depressive swing hits full sphere during this month

I'm sure I could go on, but you get my point.

I hate February... with as much passion as this dreary month will allow.

If I were the sort of person who could travel, this would be the month to do it.

Yesterday morning, I made the grave error of stepping on a scale. 19 pounds... I am up 19 pounds since before Christmas.
Yikes.

So now, not only do I have to suffer through an insufferable month, but I have to do it while on a diet and exercise plan...
I can NOT gain back my weight.
That will end me.

My husband has some kind of issue right now as well.
I don't know what the problem is... I suspect he's digging around in my crap again, but honestly, I am not misbehaving.
I may be seeking attention from places I should not, but my behavior is being strictly minded.
I'm not sure what to do about this... it makes me feel guilty even when I am not... which he then picks up on.
Then I get cross...

Seriously, being married to someone who can read your feelings (and practically my mind) has its own particular set of land mines to navigate.

The long and the short of this soliloquy is that I am not looking forward to the change of month.

I think I will take Holly McNarland's advice and stay numb...

D-out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)