Why I Don't Follow News...



I have to say that the teeny tid-bits of news that filter through my force-field of late have me feeling rather sick to death of this society.

I'm not even exaggerating that. I'm sick of us, as a whole.

Between the politicians that dropped off over the past two weeks due to undisclosed 'sexual misconduct' and the news release from the RCMP that the number of women coming forward with complaints about the physician they were forced to see in order to have their job, is growing daily.

A doctor who referred to himself as "Dr. Fingers", according to multiple accounts. I know that we mustn't assume ... and that he hasn't been 'proven' a sadistic, power-hungry piece of prehistoric excrement... but can I be frank in saying the following: I am so mother-fucking sick to death of a society that allows this kind of bullshit to happen every day, I could scream!

Sick of it.

I can't tell you that I have been a victim of sexual harassment. Mainly because I'm sincerely too stupid to recognize it. I think I worked with a manager at a Trust Company when I was 18 that might have given that a go, had he not been transferred out to another branch. 

Somebody else had to explain to me why that was good news for me. 

Then when I was older, I was fat and therefore, unattractive. I didn't experience any advances ... but I had a boss that called me "Mimi" to the male agents with whom, I had to work. 

You know Mimi ...

Image result for mimi bobeck pictures

Yeah ... that's what my boss used to call me to my co-workers behind my back.

I've experienced lots of other kinds of abuse in the workplace ... but to be forced to attend a doctor, in order to keep or get your job ... who raped you? And then to be so afraid to say anything, because you would lose your job. I mean, you're already an hysterical woman, for god's sake! You can't let them be right ... feed into their stereotype.

Nope! Nobody wanted to be labeled a whistle-blower ... or shit disturber ...


...and so, this blatant abuse of power continued for more than THREE DECADES!!! 

Three decade, people!

This story makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

I have two daughters. 

Two future women. 

Two freedom fighters.

I look at the world we are leaving for them and wonder if anyone is ever going to tip the balance between the sexes.

I suppose if this generation gets its way, everyone will refuse to identify with any one gender ... maybe that is the answer. 

Evolve into androgynous beings. 

Problem solved.

I don't know if that is preferable to me. I like our differences. What I want is to see both sides of the equation equal each other using entirely different methods. 

Why in hell is that so bloody hard?

GAH! People!!

Rant over.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS