Colour Me Relieved

Been a while since I last posted. 

It's been a rather busy time, what with my husband's niece, brother, sister-in-law and sister all landing at our place within a three week span.

I'm quite tired, but I rescind my original objection to the company staying with us. All in all, it was a very positive experience. 

My children made me proud.

I suspect I made my husband proud. I was the 'hostess with the mostest' during their visits.

My brother-in-law pulled me aside and told me I had "a beautiful home"... to which I started to make some self depricating comment... and he said: "I'm not talking about the wood! I'm talking about the home you have built... there is so much love here". 

I could cry just typing that.

My kids were amazing. 
They stayed around and interacted with everyone.
They were funny.
They demonstrated their free-thinking opinions and spoke intelligently.
They showed off their individual art.

...I couldn't possibly be prouder of them, both.

My bestie said to me last night that, of all the things for which she holds me in high regard, my mothering style was at the top.

That made me cry for sure.

Right at the moment I almost resemble that remark... but then, that's only viewing things from the surface. There's all sorts of 'mal' and 'dys' function going on over here.

For today, though... for today I'm going to just take the damn compliments in, and nevermind questioning the person who gave it in either case.

My eldest child landed their first job today. 
From their first ever interview. 
My 'proud mama' chest is gonna go ahead and burst soon.

The same first born also took themselves to the mall today on the bus and got a hair cut with their very own money. Day-um! That kid is going places... mark my words.

Tomorrow we are buying a 'new to us' vehicle. 
I am very excited.
It is a much better fit for our family... albeit, more expensive.
But it's safer, newer, bigger... I will actually be able to put my dog in it... and it is so friggen pretty.

I haven't been in 'car-love' since we bought the Durango... I may be slightly twitterpated by this one.

Anyhoo... I am at odds with what to do with myself just now. I'm feeling a little on the 'relaxed' side and can't seem to motivate any work out of me.

Could be a 'sit in the tub and read' kinda night.

Hope all my 'Bleeps' are feeling good on this fine evening.

D-out 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)

WIMTS