Light, Authentic and Funny

I've been thinking a lot about writing again.

I sometimes think I might have insights that could help someone else navigate the waters of their crazy.

Seriously ... I have got to be some sort of expert by now.

It would be too wordy, so I would need a good editor... but I think there is a story in here somewhere. 

Where on earth would I begin? 

How could I properly present my story without sounding like a complaints department?

Ugh ... can you imagine? That book would suck!

No, it needs to be funny and make light of heavy topics. 

It needs to be authentic, but from a positive perspective. 

Funny ... but not 'making fun'. Not heavily sarcastic, either. Light.

I want my book review comments to include those words ... and maybe warm.

Those words would mean more to me than "Great Writing" ... although that would be lovely. I do have my doubts I'll ever manage getting something published. 

Today after work, I came home and began my transition from work Dani to home Dani, aka; Mom. This inevitably involves a great deal of puttering through mundane tasks. Empty dishwasher, deal with recyclables, vacuum, scoop litter ... think of something for dinner ... because that would be when I would be reminded of the impending feeding time. Sometimes, it's laundry or garbage or whatever. I seem to need to unwind myself with chores. It soothes the beast.

Speaking of beasts ...I find I am awful bloody cranky after I leave work lately. I don't understand that at all. I really like my job. I am never twisted about anything there ... really. I find it oddly unsettling. I've never worked for someone that didn't have some sort of narcissism disorder that got its jollies from torturing me.

Back to my original point, my mind was particularly fertile and I had a million ideas skitter through ... but in the time it has taken me to find a charger for my lap top (because someone else left theirs at some work site or hotel room) *sighs* ... let the cat in, got my wi fi working again (because said lap top had died, due to no charging cord) got my blog signed in ...  let the cat out ... got up to check on dinner ... opened my composing section, let the cat in, started by trying to think of a title, let the cat out ... then I realized I had completely forgotten all the little pearls of wisdom I felt so entirely compelled to share. 

Fek!

This may take a while.

...and here, I sit.

Unable to remember so much as a shred of what was effervescing in my bean earlier today. 

D - out












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From One Mother, to Another

WIMTS

This is dedicated to the one(s) I love .... (gotta sing it)